Home Forums
09 | 23 | 2021
We have 2150 guests and 1 member online
JoomlaNook Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Fresh install, almost working
(0 viewing) 
Highslide JS Plugin
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Fresh install, almost working
marnes
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Re:Fresh install, almost working 10 Years, 10 Months ago  
I was really hoping that would have fixed it, definitely makes sense. And well I had the default settings, which I changed as directed. But alas, that didn't fix it. Is there anything else in your arsenal I can try?

Attached is the screenshot of the new settings (after saving them and opening them up again).

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Do you have page caching turned on?

Logged Logged
marnes
Not sure what happened, but now it works perfectly!

Logged Logged
marnes
klowther wrote:
Do you have page caching turned on?

I cleared out my cache after making the filter changes... and it didn't work. But something I did as a test worked, and now it works everywhere.

What I did was instead of inline editing the article from the front page, I edited the article from the administrator, and did it exactly how I would normally. When I saved the article and reloaded the page, it worked!

So then to be sure, I went back and edited it inline again, and that started working too. And to be extra sure, I added a couple new ones and seems I'm in business now.

So either, it took a few minutes for the server to propagate the settings (which seems unlikely), or editing my first article within the admin panel did something that made it work everywhere. I hate it when stuff like this happens because I feel the need to understand why!

Perhaps you know? If not, thank you so much for your help.

In thanks, I have some feedback that hooked me a little. Maybe it could help others out?:

1. Definitely add the filter step in your steps.
2. Your documentation 4:Highslide JS for Joomla -- I'd promote that to the top of your list and maybe rename it to Highslide JS Installation & First Time Setup -- then merge in 17:Installation. That way it is all together.
3. Your Configuration: Custom Overlay section. I wasn't sure if that was a necessary step, plus it didn't show exactly where you are supposed to put that info. I thought it was supposed to go into Highslide JS Config : HTML section... but wasn't sure if it was supposed to be in Controls or Content. In actuality, it goes in Overlays at the bottom. Maybe a couple clarifications won't confuse people like me

Anyways, awesome stuff! I've always been a huge fan of Highslide, and the amount of work you put in to create these high quality Joomla hooks is very impressive. I can't imagine how long it took you to do all this. The work rivals Highslide itself, and Joomla is not all that user friendly. Without this, I'd be doing it the hard way.

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2010/11/11 12:56 By marnes.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I'll see what I can do to improve and claify the docs.

Good luck.

- Ken

Logged Logged
Go to top