Home Forums
09 | 23 | 2021
We have 2217 guests and 2 members online
JoomlaNook Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
beginner complete idiot question
(0 viewing) 
Highslide JS Plugin
Go to bottom
TOPIC: beginner complete idiot question
vtgav
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
beginner complete idiot question 12 Years, 3 Months ago  
I've used joomla for ages and am familiar with plugins, I have installed the highslide plugin but i can't seem to find a very simple description of how to use it what is the syntax simply to add a picture into an article ? I realise there is probably something very simple I cannot see - any help appreciated,
thanks,
Gav

Logged Logged
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Re:beginner complete idiot question 12 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi Gav,

Not an idiot question at all. Basically, you need to install, at a minimum, the Highslide JS for Joomla component and the Highslide plugin.

The component is used to create default and article specific highslide configurations. These configurations contain various settings that define what a popup should look like as well as a number of other options like overlays and slideshow settings, etc.

The plugin simply examines the content when a page is being loaded for display and includes the appropriate highslide configuration for that page.

To define an image/popup in your article, you can either manually create the HTML necessary to invoke highslide or install the JCE HsExpander plugin and use it to add thumbnail/popup image links to your article. The HTML format for a highslide popup can be found on the Highslide JS website.

Installation instructions can be found here.

Instructions for the JCE HsExpander plugin are here.

I realize that documentation is lacking and I'm updating it as best I can.

- Ken

Logged Logged
vtgav
Re:beginner complete idiot question 12 Years, 3 Months ago  
Hi Ken,

Thanks fo the quick answer here - I've installed jce and the expander and I am up and running ! excellent !

The multitude of options is overwhelming me right now but at least I am 'love' thanks

Gav

Logged Logged
cochy
Re:beginner complete idiot question 12 Years, 2 Months ago  
I'm an uber beginner too and I have no idea where to start. I downloaded all sorts of things... the component, the plugin, the imageloader, etc. I tried downloading the JCE HsExpander Plugin 2.0.0, but when I go to install it, it says "Plugin Install: No plugin file specified." I've installed everything else successfully. The HsExpander seemed to be the easiest to manage, so I'm a little bummed out it's not installing. I have Joomla version 1.5.9... perhaps I'm not downloading the right one?

Is there any step by step tutorial posted?

All I want are simple images that pop up and enlarge when I click and inserted into an article. I don't think it should be that hard. Thanks for any enlightenment you can provide me.

P.S. - I looked at the HTML code on highslide.com/tutorial#thumbnail-markup, but I'm not sure how thumbnails are made. Does HighSlide do it for you??

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2009/07/22 16:50 By cochy.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Re:beginner complete idiot question 12 Years, 2 Months ago  
Hi,

The JCE HsExpander and HsHtmlExpander plugins must be installed using the JCE installer. In the Components menu, click on the JCE Administration | Install menu item. From there you can install the plugins. There is an Installation document. See item 5 for the JCE plugins.

Once you have the JCE plugins installed take a look at the How to use the HsExpander document. The document isn't finished, but it should have enough to get you started adding a simple thumbnail/popup image.

Hope that helps.

- Ken

Logged Logged
StarbuckBG
Re:beginner complete idiot question 11 Years, 9 Months ago  
Hi everyone,

Another newbie with Highslide for Joomla

I followed the instructions about how to install the extension but I am kind of lost at No 5 From the Components menu, select the JCE Administration/Install menu item
I did everything correctly until then but when I look in the Components menu I see no item called "JCE Adminstration/Install". Only "Highslide JS Configuration" as mentionned in No 4.

Any idea where I could have it wrong?

I even installed the "plg_highslide_system" file but it doesn't seem to be the solution

Thanks a lot for your help and merry christmas to everyone

Logged Logged
Go to top