Home Forums
09 | 23 | 2021
JoomlaNook Forums
Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Can't Load Full-Size Image [Solved]
(0 viewing) 
Highslide JS Plugin
Go to bottom
TOPIC: Can't Load Full-Size Image [Solved]
jayjerome
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Can't Load Full-Size Image [Solved] 12 Years, 10 Months ago  
My thumbnail image appears on the content (article) page, but the pop-up Full-Size image doesn’t load. I get the loading message, but it keeps going and going and going, and I have to click on it to stop the process... but the pop-up doesn't pop up.

I am using the JCE 1.5.1 editor, which automatically installed the plugin icons into the Editor Layout in the Default Group. And I updated the two jpeg images (one large, one small) using the browse button, per the instructions you provide in the HsExpander Example 1: A simple thumbnail/popup image.

I found a post here titled page is stuck on loading images and per that, I changed the read-only default in the image folders, but that did not resolve the problem. And all directory permissions in Joomla are writable.

I’m running Joomla 1.5.7 on my own local host server. PHP Version is 5.2.6. Apache 2.0 Handler

I have used Highslide before, on a WordPress blog, and it worked out of the box without a problem.

Any suggestions you can offer to fix it on Joomla would be sincerely appreciated….

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/03 12:31 By jayjerome.
  The administrator has disabled public write access.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Re:Can't Load Full-Size Image 12 Years, 10 Months ago  
Hi,

If you are seeing the thumbnail then you are past the problem with directory permissions.

I assume you installed the Highslide JS for Joomla configuration component and plugin and the plugin is enabled.

You mentioned that you have used highslide before. Do you still have it installed on your system through some other component?

Can you email a link to the page so I can take a look?

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

- Ken

Logged Logged
jayjerome
Thanks for the prompt response, Ken...

I uninstalled and deleted all four of the files from Joomla and from the drive folders, and reinstalled everything step by step -- and now it's working!!!!!

A good start to the new week!!!

Logged Logged

Last Edit: 2008/11/03 12:30 By jayjerome.
klowther
Admin
Gender: Male JoomlaNook Location: Fremont, NE USA Birthday: 07/23
Thats good news. Glad you got it working.

Good luck.

- Ken

Logged Logged
Go to top